Friday, June 4, 2010

Disneyland Pictures

 

 

 

 

We took a picture of Conner standing in front of a very familiar Ice-cream parlor. This was the same parlor where he was found 9 years ago. Conner was two years old, and Derek was about 8 months old. We were at Disneyland in the summer with most of my immediate family. Conner was buckled in the double stroller, and Derek was in his car seat. I was standing next to the stroller talking to my sisters. A few minutes went by and I glanced down at the stroller. Conner was no where to be found. I remember feeling like there was no way we would ever find him with the amount of people that were in the park that day. All my family members, Steve, and I were looking for him everywhere. We were standing by Thunder Mountain Railroad when he went missing. Steve yelled down at all the people in line, and asked if anyone had seen a two year old blond boy. He remembered what he was wearing down to the color of his underwear. I hadn't paid enough attention to those little details, so I was relieved when Steve was able to tell the security officers all the information they were asking.(I'm pretty sure Steve is in the right profession.) It took about 45 minutes, which seemed like hours before he was found at this Ice-cream parlor next to the front entrance. He had walked from Thunder mountain Railroad to the Front Entrance without anyone notifying security. A lady that was working in the Ice-cream parlor noticed he was by himself. She brought him into the shop, and gave him free ice-cream while she notified security. That day will never be forgotten. After 45 minutes we started to loose hope that he would be found! Many scenarios ran through our mind, but in the end our prayers were answered.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Your story brought back my memories of losing a child in Disneyland. Your family is so adorable. I love to watch your sweet family. I'm so grateful for answered Prayers!!! Have a great summer!!! IT is going way to fast. Thanks for your help and listening ear over the years!!