Saturday, November 20, 2010

Conner's 12th Birthday Present to Boston

 

 

 

 

Steve and I decided to make a tradition when the kids turn 12 and 16 years old. They can choose anywhere in the United States that Southwest flys(since we have Southwest points). Conner loves the New England Patriots football team. He decided Boston was the one place he wanted to visit. Steve went to Boston for a day on his church history tour, but I had never been. We invited my parents to go with us. We arranged to pay our sister in law to stay at our house with the other five children while we were gone. On November 12, at 5am as we were headed to Vegas to catch our flight, we discovered that my sister in law had gotten the flu during the night and was throwing up. She had called her husband, which is my brother to come and stay with the kids until she felt better. We weren't sure how long she would be sick, so I called my sister Lisa in St. George. She had to work, but her husband drove to Logandale and picked up Austin, Alexa, and Derek to take back to St.George. Cameron had a flag football game the next day, and Sydney has a gymnastics program so they stayed here in Logandale. Steve's Mother drove out from Vegas to stay with them. Long story short, by the next day Kayla was feeling better and drove to St. George to pick up the kids. A few days later, Alexa started throwing up and had diarrea. Fun Fun!! My brother Justin, and his wife Kayla were very tired by the time we got back.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: