Wednesday, October 15, 2008

NOT CONNER'S DAY!!


Conner has not had the best week. He had the throwing up flu over the weekend. He was complaining that his throat hurt a lot so we took him to the doctor. It was strep throat. It wasn't an hour after we got home from the doctor that Derek came running in the house screaming that Conner had blood everywhere!!! I mentally prepared myself for what I might see as I ran outside! Conner had blood on his face, hands, knees, and stomach. I took him in the house to wash some of the blood away so that I could see more clearly where it was coming from. We discovered it was his mouth. He had broken one of his permanent teeth in half, and loosened two other permanent teeth. He also had road rash everywhere on his body. His hip bone had a welt the size of a golf ball. Apparently, Conner was riding his bike while Derek and a friend were throwing a ball back and forth to each other. Somehow the ball hit the front of Conner's bike tire. He flew over the handle bars and landed face first on the pavement before skidding. I called one of my Hygienist friends over to look at the damage. She got me an appointment the next morning with the Dentist. Derek has been labeled the Hero by the dental staff, because he found the other half of Conner's tooth. They were able to glue the tooth back together. It looks great! As for the other loose teeth, the roots were strong and they have tightened up! Hurray for Dentists!!!

No comments: